Sunday, June 9, 2013

Conference and Pictures

Haven't been quite as faithful to post on here as I would like due to the internet situation here. Right now, I'm on the New Tribes base at Hoskins with my uncle, aunt, and cousins. We've been having a great time here! This weekend was the regional conference for the missionaries located in the outlying islands of Papua New Guinea. Then this week, there is a Church Planting Workshop for missionaries here. It's been fun attending the sessions and listening to the teacher, who is actually one of our teachers from the Training Center back in Missouri.

While here, I've gotten to connect with a lot of the missionary kids. They are a lot of fun, and it's been cool to interact with them and hear their stories. A lot of them are undergoing some REALLY stressful situations, and they just need to talk about what's going on. I'm so glad I can listen to them and get an idea of what missionary life is like for them.

Here are a few pictures from my time in Tigak:

Learning how to make brooms Tigak style

About to eat a typical Tigak meal

The Tigak church

Sunset from the island
Thanks again for your prayers! God is teaching me a lot, and I am very grateful for my time here!

No comments:

Post a Comment