Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Carianna May

It's hard to believe that 19 years ago, a little baby was born who would forever change my life. I was one and a half, and thrilled to death to be a big sister. From home videos, I can tell that I was pretty disappointed at first that this new little person would just sit there and cry when I wanted her to come play with me, but I guess I was still excited to have someone in the house around my size. I mean, seriously, all those big people running around doing things... it's hard to be so small.

Sometimes I would ask my mom if I could wear a diaper and drink out of a bottle to match Cari.... *embarrassed*

Over the years, Cari and I did so much together. It was fun having a cohort with whom to play games, build vast legos creations, make forts outside, be crazy, play dolls and dress-up and other girly things, and talk with. It was so much fun!

As we're both moving on in life to the places where God wants us to go, I will miss the fun days of childhood when we had so few cares and could just have fun together. But I will always carry those precious memories in my heart!

I've so loved seeing you grow up into such a mature and beautiful woman. I am so excited to get to see where God takes you, even if I may be on the other side of the world.

Love you, sis! Happy birthday! I'm glad I get to spend it with you this year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment