Monday, January 19, 2015

Georgia Trip

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind. It's been so good to spend time with family and friends. We've enjoyed every second!

We had a fantastic time celebrating with my cousin and his new wife as they got married on the 1st. Congratulations Jotham and Maria!



We also really enjoyed our two weeks in Georgia. It was so much fun to get to hang out with my family, especially since it's been 6 months since we last saw them. I've missed them a lot! I'm so glad that they could get a chance to see my baby bump, too. :)

We had a lot of fun talking, laughing, and playing games. Clint also got to go hiking a few times, which he thoroughly enjoyed. We also went ice skating one day (although I just watched). So thankful for the memories we made!


I honestly think that leaving family will be one of the hardest things about going overseas. It's difficult to think that we'll be apart for several years at a time, most likely missing important events like weddings and new babies. Sometimes it makes me want to cry when I think about it. In a way, it kind of feels unfair. My parents aren't going to get to see their grandkids grow up, and our children won't know their relatives very well. But then I remember Heaven. We're going to get all of eternity to catch up on the moments lost. All the shed tears, the heart-wrenching goodbyes, and the wishful yearnings will be over, and we'll be able to bask in the loving presence of Jesus forever. What a reunion that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment