Friday, April 17, 2015

Waiting

There is a big part of me that hates waiting for things. My parents inform me that I've been this way since I was a little tyke... constantly asking "how many more days until...?" Probably most of my impatience then had to do with stuff like my birthday and Christmas (I confess, I was a greedy child at times). Nowadays, I find myself getting impatient over very different issues.

I'm 41 weeks pregnant... and it sometimes feels like our baby is never going to come. It's just over 3 more months until we head to Papua New Guinea... and I feel so anxious to be there already.

My sister-in-law wrote a really good blog post on this issue a few weeks ago (http://beautyinweakness.blogspot.ca/2015/03/dinner-tables-jaeger-and-waiting.html). I feel like God has been using it and other encouraging passages from His Word to teach me a lot about the importance of waiting patiently for His timing. It really does me no good to be impatient. The baby isn't going to come any faster because I want it to. The 3 months before going overseas isn't going to fly by overnight just because I'm excited about it. And if I focus on those things, I am going to miss the precious opportunities I have in front of me.

Right now...
I have time to just hang out one-on-one with my husband
I am able to spend time with family
I have the convenience of Skype and phones so I can call friends and family
I can still go places without having to think "Baby" all the time

And there are so many other things. When I stop to think on the blessings God has given, it gives me a chance to be thankful for waiting, even though it is difficult at times. 

I am excited for these big events coming up very soon in our lives, but I am also grateful for all that God is teaching us through the waiting process.

2 comments:

  1. Your leaving us hanging! Has baby been born yet? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, I did...whoops! :) Yep, he's finally here! Blog post to come soon!

      Delete