Monday, June 15, 2015

Goodbyes

There's one thing about missionary life that no amount of training can ever prepare you for. When it hits, it hits you hard. And it hurts. Bad.

Goodbye. I hate the word, yet it's a reality of life, especially for a missionary.

We had to say goodbye to my family today, and it hurt. Even though we don't leave for Papua New Guinea until the end of July, we probably won't get another chance to get back to Georgia again.

It hurts. I've left part of my heart in Georgia, and I know they've left some of theirs with us. It hurts knowing that Kyler isn't going to grow up knowing his extended family very well, and they are going to miss seeing the precious little moments in his life.

It hurts! And yet I'm reminded of the truth that to hurt is precious because it means you love a lot. If I didn't love, it wouldn't hurt, and that would be far worse.

One day, God is going to remove that hurt forever. It will be so, so worth it all in the end. So thankful for that beautiful hope!


No comments:

Post a Comment