Monday, November 26, 2012

Back in MO

After a long 12 hour drive yesterday, I'm glad to say that we're safely back on campus in MO. We had an awesome time with family and friends back home. It was great getting to see everyone back home! We had a pretty full house with my friend, Rachel, from MTC as well as Josiah's brother, Jotham, and his friend Ryan from New Tribes Bible Institute. Overall, it was a very great and relaxing time!

My surgery went well (I don't remember it), and I slept almost 2 full days (from medicine, I think). Thursday-Saturday, I was in a lot of pain because I stopped taking the heavy pain meds, but thank God for Advil! Thankfully, I'm doing pretty good right now. My jaws are a bit sore and stiff, but I'm not in much pain, which is a huge blessing. Thanks for your prayers!

Today, we got back into classes. We had a class on time stewardship, and then we took an hour long test that determines how good we might be at linguistics. Linguistics is a huge part of tribal work because it deals with the nitty-gritty of how languages work and the grammatical structure behind the language. The linguistics training here at MTC is an extra 1 and 1/2 semesters after the basic 3 semesters. Only a few people can get into the linguistics training each year, so they test people to see how well they would fit in the program. If you're not going to do well in it, they don't want you to take it (for obvious reasons :-) ). Plus, they want you to have a genuine interest in the subject. I find it quite intriguing. It's like a puzzle, and I love puzzles, so it's pretty fun! Anyways, I'll let you guys know how I score on it pretty soon!

Like I said in my last post, I'm working on getting pics up. Hopefully they'll come within the next day or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment