Monday, February 11, 2013

Fun Work Day

Today, I got to learn a new skill during work detail (you'll be proud of me, Dad)! I am currently working over in the Development Office as a secretary on Monday and Tuesday afternoons for my work detail. However, they haven't been having enough jobs to keep me busy, so today, I was supposed to go clean some vehicles that are used around campus. BUT, the guy who is in charge of the work detail crews, Joel, asked me to help him with a task on the backhoe (for those who don't know the name, see the picture). So I hopped on the side and held on while he drove. And then after that, we headed back so I could finish cleaning the pick-up truck that I was supposed to clean. But then, he asked me if I wanted to try digging with the backhoe. I was like YEAH!!! So I hopped in the pickup truck and drove it across campus to an area where they are digging to put in some water pipes while he drove the backhoe. That was the first highlight (getting to drive the pickup truck!). The second highlight was actually getting to dig with the backhoe!! I wasn't very good, but I did move some dirt! Unfortunately, I don't have any pics since I wasn't expecting to get to do that, but if he lets me do some more work tomorrow, I'll make sure to bring my camera!

So yeah, that was SUPER exciting for me! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment