Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Learning through Ministry

I haven't written about my ministry at the Boy's Home for a while. It's a really exciting time right now! The group of guys that we have currently seem to be hungry for truth. We started out at the beginning of the semester by giving them the Gospel... Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection. Now, we're going back to the beginning of the Bible and teaching about Creation and who God is. This next Sunday, we are teaching about the creation of man and how much God values us because we are created in His image. The guys are actually interested in hearing God's Word. All of them, except a few, have been attending. We read some from Psalm 139, just pointing out how God knows all our thoughts, and one of the guys said, "I find it comforting that God knows my thoughts. He understands!" 

Wow. Sometimes I find it terrifying that God knows my thoughts. This guy's comment reminded me again that this fact should actually comfort me, because it shows how much He loves me, even when my thoughts are not in line with the truth of His Word. 

Josiah teaching at the Boy's Home
Please be praying for the guys at our ministry. We have about 7-8 guys at the home right now, and most of them will be there for a while still. But our time is so short, and we want to impact them with the truth as much as possible. We know it's only God who can change their thinking. Pray that they would be responsive to Him!



No comments:

Post a Comment