Wednesday, July 2, 2014

When You Don't Know What to Say

I don't know what to say. My heart hurts, a deep, searing pain for a little tiny person I've never even met. My new nephew, Jaeger, was born just 3 days ago on my birthday, so I already felt a special connection with him in my heart. I was so thrilled to have a nephew that shares my birthday! And now, this precious little boy is in the hospital with doctors fighting for his life. They don't know what's wrong, just that he's a very sick baby. Please pray. Please, please pray!



And then yesterday, my incredible husband who is always so strong and capable was laid almost flat on his back for most of the morning with stabbing pain in his mouth. Come to find out, he has an abscessed tooth, and has to have a root canal done, hopefully tomorrow. Please pray for him too!

I don't know what to say. I don't know how to comfort my sister-in-law and her husband who have already had so much loss in their lives with other children. I don't know how to comfort my husband who drifts in and out of throbbing pain in his head.

When I don't know what to say, God does. He says He's in control. He's all-powerful. He has a reason. He knows the pain I feel, that my sister-in-law feels, that my husband feels. He is there. He cares. He's my loving Daddy.

I'm so grateful for that, and I choose to trust Him, even though I have no words of my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment