Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Disappearing for Twelve Days

As a part of our training, we are required to do a class called Practical Skills, which teaches us things like how to cook from scratch (if we didn't know already), how to live with little or no electricity, how to use all kinds of tools (including chainsaws and stuff like that), and a whole bunch of other stuff. It includes a twelve day section called Simple Living where we are required to have no electric lights from 8pm-7am, no electric appliances, and also no internet or phones (just 1 hour a week for each). It should be a lot of fun!

So why am I telling you this? Well, that section starts this morning in half an hour, and I wanted to post on here so that you know that if you don't hear from me for the next twelve days, it doesn't mean anything bad is happening... it actually means I'm following directions. :)

And, if you try contacting me via email or phone, I may not write or call you back for a while.

I'm really excited about this part of the training, and I think it will be good practice for all of us to be able to do without various things that we normally use every day, like electric lights. And, we have a camping trip next weekend, so that should be quite a fun experience!

So, just in case you feel like I'm disappearing from the internet for twelve days, it's true. I am. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment