Thursday, October 31, 2013

Camping Trip and Pictures

Ok here are a few pictures from our camping trip this past weekend. Half of our class went last weekend and half went the weekend before. I got to camp with my E-linc group.

Thursday, we had to pack all our stuff out to the campsite (which was in the woods on campus) and set up camp. Each of us had to build our own shelter with tarps, ropes, and sticks. Rachel and I built a shelter together, and apparently it was really good because Clint was impressed by it. :) It was an A-frame tent with just enough room for the two of us. It was quite cozy! That first night, it got down to 28 degrees, and it was COLD! But I actually ended up sleeping really well, which was a blessing!

Friday, we had classes out in the woods most of the day. Saturday, we got to butcher chickens, which was quite fun! I actually got to butcher some last month, so I knew sort of how to do it. It was really fun! We also had to hike through the woods using a compass and GPS (not the car GPS that tells you "Recalculating" all the time) to find coordinates for different things, including our meal for the night (don't worry, it was in a cooler). Then on Saturday night, we had a HUGE bonfire! Lots of fun! Sunday, we packed up and headed home.

So all in all, it was a great time! I learned a lot more about working with a team and just learning to survive out in the woods.  Here are some pics taken by my E-linc leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment