Thursday, May 15, 2014

Awesome Inadequacy

I just recently decided I love feeling inadequate. Ok, maybe I don't love it, but I love seeing God work through my inadequacy.

One of the things we've been doing recently is sharing with various groups and families about our future ministry and the need for missionaries around the world. It's been awesome to get to connect with people in this way and be able to share some of our hearts with them. But boy, oh boy, do I feel inadequate!

Just last night, we had a chance to share with a youth group. It was fun hanging out with the kids and talking about missions, but it was amazing seeing how God took our inadequacies and used them. So cool and so humbling!

Our heart's desire is not that people would learn more about us necessarily, although it's great that they can get a better understanding of what we'll be doing. But really, we want people to see the desperate need for missionaries all over the world and God's heart that all people would come to know Him. Honestly, we're completely inadequate for that task. But we have a God who is more than adequate, and that is awesome!

We have two upcoming presentations this weekend, so we definitely appreciate prayers for that! And maybe I can share a few pictures as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment