Saturday, May 10, 2014

Life Right Now

It's a weird stage of life right now. We're not working an 8 hour job. We're not in classes. We're not learning a new language. We will be. But we're not right now.

Right now, we're focusing on people. On building relationships and friendships. On spending lots of time with family and friends, since we won't see them for a few years. It's kind of weird. I don't think I've ever been at a place where I wasn't working consistently, wasn't studying, wasn't constantly busy. And I like it. I like it a lot.

But it's also insanely challenging in a way I never imagined possible. It's humbling to tell people that we're not working all the time. I'm not sure exactly why. I guess it's just the way our culture focuses so much on work. It's become our identity.

I don't want to be defined by how much I worked or even what kind of work I did, but instead by how much I loved people.

So yeah, I guess we're not working consistently right now. We will in the future. But right now, it's been an awesome time. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment