Thursday, May 1, 2014

Family

There's always something so comforting and familiar about being with family, whether it's immediate or extended. It's been wonderful getting to spend time with family here in Georgia, especially since we won't get to see them for several years after we move to Papua New Guinea.

This past week, we spent time with some extended family in North Carolina. We had a blast with them and their six kids! It never ceases to amaze me how quickly kids grow. This may be the last time I see them for four or five years, and most of them will be teenagers by that time.




I have to admit, saying good-bye to them this morning was really hard. I guess it just made it all the more real that some day very soon, we'll be saying good-bye to all familiar faces for the next few years. It kind of feels overwhelming.

But it also makes me so grateful for the time we have with family now. I want to treasure every second!

No comments:

Post a Comment