Saturday, June 14, 2014

To My (Clint's) Dad

Hi there,
If you're thinking this doesn't sound like Ashlyn, you're right! This is Clint! We have set up our blog so that I can also write on here. So if you notice a post every once in a while that doesn't sound like Ashlyn well it may be because it's me...or it may be because Ashlyn is writing when she is tired.

My Dad

I think it is appropriate that I write my first post about my dad. And since it's Father's Day tomorrow that works out fine. When I think of my dad I think of someone who can do anything and do it well. As a kid growing up, it seemed there was never anything dad did not understand or know how to do. As I look back now I am so thankful for a dad that could do so many things, and taught me how to do them as well. I know many of them will be a help on the mission field, most of which I learned at least in part from my dad. Running a chainsaw, general construction, plumbing, fixing mechanical problems, and farming just to name some. Dad also taught so many valuable lessons about work ethic, how if a job is worth doing it's worth doing well. Dad rarely took short cuts...unless he was driving!

Dad has also taught me through example so many life lessons, like forgiveness, honesty and patience. I know my dad wasn't perfect by a long shot...but I am so thankful that God gave me the dad He did, knowing that in Papua New Guinea I would need so many of the things I got from my dad.

So thanks dad...not for being a perfect dad...but for being my dad.
Happy Fathers Day!

I love you

Clint


No comments:

Post a Comment