Saturday, September 13, 2014

I Believe in Miracles

Our society says you have to have hard facts and solid evidence to prove something to be true (but people also say "truth is relative"... not sure how those two go together???). It's definitely the case in a court of law. But when it comes to the existence of God, most people wouldn't say there is any solid evidence that He exists.

I disagree. There is. Most definitely, there is. One piece of evidence is called "miracles". 

In the past few years, I have seen miracles. Real miracles. When I was a kid, I used to think, "Oh yeah, miracles happened back in the Bible when Jesus was alive and could heal people and stuff." 

But He still does! Not always. Sometimes His plan is for someone to endure a terrible sickness, the loss of a loved one, or some other type of emotional pain. And there is a certain beauty about those who have endured such pain but have trusted God through it all. And yet God still does work miracles. 

One miracle that is precious and dear to my heart recently is the miraculous healing of my mom. (Sorry, Mom, I may be overstepping my bounds here, since I haven't seen you post anything about this...) :-). The doctors found a tumor... and they diagnosed the worst. 

I could hardly believe it. I still can't. My mom? My world tilted, spun, shook. And so did hers. And my whole family's. 

We prayed. So, so hard. Every day. Multiple times a day. And God worked a miracle.

After a few weeks of not knowing, the test results came back completely clear. The doctors were stunned. From their original diagnosis, things didn't look good at all. But the tumor was totally benign. 

Our God is a mighty, awesome God! He still does work miracles!!! And I'm so glad He did for my mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment