Saturday, September 1, 2012

Wow, this week has totally flown by! It's been pretty full and busy, which is why I haven't had much of a chance to write. I'm starting to build some close friendships with people. That has been a real blessing! In my E-linc group (about which I mentioned in my last post), there are three student couples and five single girls (including myself), and we have an absolute blast!!! I've been connecting a lot with the other four girls. The two staff couples that are leading the group, the Hazens and the Tureks, are also really awesome! They are sort of our advisors and mentors for the entire time we are at MTC, and their desire is to help us grow spiritually and to invest in our lives. They are both former missionaries, so it's been cool to hear their stories! We meet as a group every Wednesday and Friday for about an hour and a half to connect and share what God is teaching us throughout the week.

This weekend has been pretty nice so far. Because of Labor Day, we don't have any classes on Monday, so we are all pretty happy about that! ;-) I hung out with some friends today at a "Things Party" (yeah, I never heard of it either until I went). Apparently, you bring whatever "things" you are working on (reading, homework, etc) and just hang out as a group while you work on your stuff hahaha. It was pretty fun! And then we ended up playing games for a few hours and eating tacos together. Yum! :-)

Tomorrow, I'm going to be helping with worship again at church. I'm super excited, but I REALLY miss MVAC! Love you guys!!!

For classes this next week, we are going to have Culture and Language Acquisition (which is a class that teaches you how to go about learning a culture and language that has NEVER been learned before!! o.O), Communication Skills (clearly, this class teaching you how to communicate better ;-) ), and Foundational Bible Teaching (which will take us through all of the main stories in the Bible from Creation to Christ, laying a foundation for why man needs a Savior). The last class will go through the end of October, and it is one of the most important ones that we will take this semester. I am pretty excited about that, because, even though I know the Bible, it is so cool to see how it all makes sense together. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment