Monday, August 27, 2012

This weekend has been pretty awesome and fun! Thursday afternoon (not really the weekend, I know, but hey, it's my post, so... hahahaha :D) I rode a jet ski for the first time ever which was insanely amazing! One of the staff guys owns a jet ski and was giving people rides, so that was a really cool experience! Friday, I ended up singing for our chapel service, which was fun! We also had a fire safety drill (not quite as fun) and then played Ultimate Frisbee (YES!!!). Then Saturday, we went on a 6-hr canoe trip. That was pretty awesome! I'm a bit sore today, but it was definitely worth it! Sunday, we visited the same church that we went to last week, Lake Area Evangelical Free Church. It's a very small church, but the people are very friendly and they do a lot of outreach. The pastor, Jim, is a staff member at MTC, and he and his wife, Connie, are co-leaders for my E-linc group (which is a small group program that we have on campus where staffers meet weekly with designated groups of students for fellowship, encouragement, fun, and accountability. it's really neat program!). Interestingly enough, they are also the people who interviewed me when I came out here in May to visit. They are a really neat couple! Jim asked me to help lead worship yersterday morning with their music team, and I was absolutely thrilled! That is definitely one of my passions, and they really need some help on their music team. I think that God might be wanting me to go there, which is awesome!

Oh, and as promised, I am posting some more pics. Enjoy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment