Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Commissioning Service

This last Sunday, the 29th, our church, Mountain View Alliance, had a wonderful commissioning service for me and my cousin, Josiah, as we prepare to head out to MTC. It was really special! Our pastor Ed preached a very encouraging sermon for us about focusing on the cross of Christ, no matter what others may say, think, or do. Josiah and I were also able to share for a few minutes each how God led each of us individually to be a missionary and to go to MTC. At the end of the service, many of the members came forward to lay hands on us and pray over us as their first full-time missionaries. What a blessing!!!

My parents hosted a reception afterwards with some delicious food and great fellowship with friends, including many I haven't seen for years (such a cool surprise... thanks guys!!!).

It's been so incredible to see the love of all my friends and family. I'm so excited to see what God is going to do through our relationships over the years!

Thanks again to everyone who made Sunday so special for us!!!

By the way, 9 more days until Missouri!!! It's coming up SUPER fast!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment