Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Little Things

So often, I overlook the little blessings in my life that God generously gives me. I've started keeping a list of things, and I was amazed at how many I could think of in a short period of time.

God recently provided a pair of warm leather boots, which have been a huge blessing with all the snow we've been getting. It's funny how having warm toes can mean so much. I never realized how much I take warmth for granted.


Another blessing is laughter
      And good friends
             Meaningful discussions about the complexities of life
                     Encouragement
                              Hugs
                                   Hot chocolate on cold days
                                         The five senses
                                                The ability to read and write
                                                       The smiles of babies
Blankets on chilly nights
       Delicious food
             Birds singing
                    Worship songs
                                Campfires
                                       Clean water to drink
                                               Mountains and hills
                                                       The ability to reason and think
Most importantly
       A God whose plans are always good and perfect
              No matter what trials I face
                    Who delights to give me the little gifts
                                Who delights to call me His daughter


Thank You, God, for the little things that I so often forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment