Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Hi from PNG

I made it safely to the Tigak tribe in the New Ireland province of PNG. It's been a really neat day so far. I got a tour around the village and got to see the ocean in the daytime (we boated out to the island in the dark last night), which was really pretty! It's raining right now, so I'm happy to be inside, listening to the rain pounding on the tin roof. It's a really comforting sound.

Travelling here was good, but I'm very glad it's over! I had 6 flights and 1 boat ride to get here (not to mention the boat engine stalled on our way out to the island), but it's been really cool to see God's hand through it all. He showed me how much He cares for me and is protecting me, even in things like getting a good amount of sleep on the 14 hr flight over and allowing us to sit in first class on the flight from Salt Lake City to LA (we got to sit there since it was the airline's fault that we missed our flight from Cincinnati to LA). :)

Thank you all for praying! It's a huge blessing to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment