Thursday, May 9, 2013

My trip home was such a blessing. It was great to get to spend time with family and friends and be encouraged with what God is doing in my life and the lives of others.

I've been going through the Psalms recently and listing characteristics of God. It's incredible to see who God is. I feel like in the past month and a half, He's been revealing more of Himself to me and more of how much He loves and cares about me. It's pretty insane.

And yet life isn't without its trials. At times, especially in the past day, I've been wondering why God allows pain and suffering in this life. Why does He choose to use heartache to grow us? It hurts. It's not fun.

But am I still willing to trust?


Our Biblical Peacemaking class has made me think about that some. Dealing with conflict between people is one of the most difficult things in the Christian life. It's so hard to admit your faults, to begin with yourself. To trust the results to God. And yet, God uses conflict in our lives to strengthen us and make us depend more on Him.

Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment