Thursday, November 21, 2013

Hospital Visit

Hospitals are definitely not on my Top 10 Destinations list. Not that I have a list, but if I did, hospitals definitely wouldn't be on it.

Interestingly enough, though, I ended up spending a day and a half in a hospital this week. It further confirmed my suspicions: hospitals are not very fun places to be. But I also realized, I am so, so grateful for them.

Monday night around 10:00 pm, I had to take Clint in to the ER. He had appendicitis. Thankfully, it hadn't ruptured yet. They admitted us to the hospital around 2:30 am, and we got about 4 hours of sleep before we had to wake up again. We thought he would be able to have surgery around 7 or 8 am on Tuesday, but it didn't end up happening until 2:30 pm. We had to stay until noon Wednesday before they discharged him from the hospital. He's doing good now. He's able to eat solid food, and isn't in too much pain right now. We're so grateful that we caught it in time and were able to get in to the hospital.

I've never been in a hospital without my parents before. It was a bit nerve-wracking, especially since the patient was my future husband. I was pretty scared, but it was cool to see God working and providing throughout our time there.

It gives me a much greater appreciation for those who are in and out of hospitals constantly. Hospitals are not fun, and it's so hard watching a loved one in pain. How do you do it? Just a day and a half left me so drained. I want to be praying more for you. I feel like I can empathize more with you.

Thanks so much to all those who were praying. We are both so grateful for your care!

No comments:

Post a Comment