Wednesday, November 13, 2013

There's Something about a Fire

On the last night of our camping trip, we had a huge bonfire out in a field on campus. Don't worry, it was planned.

There's something about a fire. I don't know exactly what it is. I love watching the flames move and dance along the logs. I love feeling the heat and warmth on a crisp, cold night in winter.


Fires are almost spell-binding.

A thought came to me the other day. Am I on fire? Not literally, of course. But really, am I on fire for God?

People on fire are spell-binding. Their lives are burning, crackling blazes of glory, dedicated and passionate to God. Others are attracted to them. They want to be near them, to learn from them, to catch the flame that they have for God.



I wish I was on fire like that. Recently, I think I've let stress in my life (which is high right now because we're getting close to the end of the semester) drown the bonfire in my spirit until it's only a little flame. I want to be on fire again. To not let my circumstances dictate how bright my flame will burn. To be passionately in love with God.


No comments:

Post a Comment