Thursday, July 18, 2013

Order

These last few days have been exceptionally full but great. I got to learn from some really good friends how to make cheese from goat's milk and how to milk/care for goats. That was quite an awesome experience!!! I had a TON of fun, and even got to take some of the milk home with me! It's delicious!

I also got to babysit some kids (human kids rather than goat kids). That was fun! I love playing with children (even when they pull your hair or throw temper tantrums...hopefully not simultaneously)!


One of my favorite things that I've gotten to do here is organize. Honestly, I love the feeling of putting things in order and making a place look clean and un-cluttered. I have found that I can live in chaos, but only for a short time before my brain starts to short out (ok, true, it does that anyways, whether my room is chaotic or not...). It got me thinking some about the world and how orderly God has made it. Things in nature come in clearly defined patterns, and when we see something out of place, it looks weird (like if one were to see a blue tree... blue belongs in the sky, thank you very much). And even the intricacy and detail of creation. It's all so orderly and neat. It reminds me that even when my life is chaotic, God has it under control. If He has arranged even the little petals on a daisy to be symmetrical, I am pretty sure He can handle my life too.


Like it says in Matthew 6:25-27 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"

No comments:

Post a Comment