Sunday, August 4, 2013

Free to Struggle

I heard one of the most incredible songs the other day. I'm sure many of you have heard it, but the words just stuck in my brain. 

I think often about the struggle that we have as believers. We're still sinful human beings, but we are now in Christ, seated in the heavenly places. We're sons and daughters of God. Yet we turn so often to the meaningless, worthless things of this world. We so often settle when God wants us to thrive. We hang on to the chains of sin when they have already been broken off of us. 

Why? 

We have been given so much grace and freedom. Yet we abuse it so often. We often don't fight when we should. We don't stand up when we need to. We don't refuse temptation when it's offered.

So anyways, this song really put it all in perspective for me, and it reminds me that we are free to struggle, but we're no longer struggling to be free. So, so amazing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment